Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I enroll for health and/or dental benefits?
- How do I add someone to my health insurance?
- What is a qualifying event?
- What is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
- What retirement options are available to me?
- What percentage matching is available for retirement?
- When can I change my retirement contributions?
Open enrollment is held annually in May. During the open enrollment period you may elect to:
- Enroll in the plan(s) that you are eligible for
- Drop current coverage
- Add/Remove dependents from the plan(s)
Changes made during open enrollment will be effective on July 1st.
In addition to the open enrollment period, you may be eligible to make changes to your existing elections if you or a family member experiences a qualifying event.
A Flexible Spending Account is a vehicle that allows you to put aside pretax dollars for medical or dependent care expenses that you might incur throughout the year.
For more information, click here to be redirected to the Benefits Information section.
Employees may reduce or stop their 403b contributions at any time during the year.
Changes to providers, increases to contributions, and new enrollments are permitted twice per year as follows:
- June 15th deadline for year-round staff (changes effective the first paycheck in July)
- August 15 deadline for school year staff (changes effective the first paycheck of the school year)
- December 15 deadline for all staff (changes effective the first paycheck in January)
- New hires - Within 30 days of hire date (changes effective in the next available paycheck)
For additional information and 403(b) guidelines, please click here.