Priority Order for Pre-K Admissions at Marion Cross School 2023-2024
Applications for Pre-K School at the Marion Cross School for the 2023-24 school year are open and will remain open until January 27th 2023. After January 27th, we will close applications. If you are still interested in attending our Pre-K program, please complete the pre-enrollment form on our website. Pre-enrolling will put your child on the waitlist.
Families that should apply are:
Any family that has a Pre-K student (minimum age of 3 by the first day of school in August of 2023 ) and would like to be considered for a spot at the MCS program. The predicted first day of school for the 2023/24 school year is August 23rd.
The capacity for the MCS Pre-K is 34 students. All students that enroll are expected to attend our full day program (following the Marion Cross School Calendar). Please note, there are no enrollment limits for classrooms in K-6.
On January 27th, we will examine all the Pre-K applications that have been submitted. If we have more applications then slots available we will prioritize enrollment in the following order:
- Residents of Norwich
- Currently enrolled PreK students
- Students with a diagnosed developmental delay(s) or disability
- Students who are "at risk" as defined by homelessness, dual language learners, in foster/kin care, and/or migrant, free and reduced meals eligible
- Siblings of Marion Cross School students and children of Marion Cross School Staff
- Older students by birthdate. (However, if students turn 5 by the kindergarten cutoff date, September 30th 2023, we would expect them to enroll in kindergarten).
We will offer the 34 spots using our priority order, not first come first serve. For those families not offered a spot in our PreK program, they will be placed on the waiting list based on the priority order.
In order to apply, you will need to fill out the application on the SAU enrollment website. Please contact Greg Bagnato 649-1703 x5112, if you need help applying or if you would like a hard copy of the form sent to you.